Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Saucony Men's Omni LX Tight II Review

And good morning....I finally had a chance to try out the Saucony Men's Omni LX Tight II.  Immediately out of the bag I noticed the material was considerably different then CW-X Men's Insulator Stabilyx and 2XU Men's Graduated Performance Compression (the only other two pairs I own).  Also, this is the first pair that I own that has the ankle zips. 
  Anyways, I tried them on and as mentioned by some other reviews they are a bit long (I purchased mediums as I'm a medium in my other two pairs and those fit perfectly).  I would say probalby about 0.5 inch to 1.0 inch to long.  They still fit and the waist was a bit roomier then the other two pairs I own (right now about 170lbs and 5' 10.5").
  I decided the best way to try these out while not ruining a workout was for one of my short runs.  So I ran about 3.0 miles at a little over 8 min/mile pace.  Overall I would say they are comfortable and probably would keep me warm for temperatures above 25-30 degrees.  I don't foresee using these on any runs longer then about 4 miles though because they don't feel as speedy as the other two when running (yes, I realize that is ridiculous as I'm sure they have zero impact on overall speed compared to the other two).  I also felt considerably less knee support then the other two pairs.  Overall for the $36 I paid for them on runnerswarehouse.com I'm very happy...although if I had paid $50 I would say they are ok and for over $60 I probably would have returned them.

No comments:

Post a Comment