Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fight Club...or the Brooks Testing Program


Unless you were living under a rock in 1999 you have definitely heard of the movie "Fight Club" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/  .  Somehow the rules of Fight Club seem oddly similar to the Brooks Wear Testing Program. 
“Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.”
Out of curiosity I may or may not have submitted my application to the Brooks Wear Testing Program (oh I definitely did) and I may or may not have been accepted into the program (I most certainly was accepted).  If I was accepted (which I was) I would say this was probably the most exciting acceptance email I have ever received, since maybe those days of opening up college acceptance letters.  Unfortunately, like the rules of fight club you can’t talk about the products or blog about them…but based on the performance of this blog if you blog and nobody reads it is it really blogging about the product?  J 
So I suppose new rules are in order for running and the Brooks Wear Testing Program
1.)  I don’t talk about the Brooks Wear Testing Program
2.)  I REALLY don’t talk about the Brooks Wear Testing Program
3.)  If I yell stop while I’m running, go limp, or fall flat on my face help me up and encourage me to finish
4.)  Lone wolf runner workouts (but races can be as big as possible)
5.)  One foot in front of the other at all times
6.)  I will wear shirts (for your benefit) and shoes (for my benefit)
7.)  Runs will be finished as quickly as my body will allow
8.)  If this is the first time reading this blog you have to comment (or don’t, but I needed an 8th rule)

No comments:

Post a Comment