Friday, February 24, 2012

10K Time Trail

Well the conditions were nearly perfect for setting a 10K PR this morning.  50 degrees on a morning in February with some slight drizzle I'll take that just about any day!  The only problem with that temperature is that it's been a long time, since the temperature has been like this, so the inevitable question "what to wear?".  I skipped the compression tights and just wore shorts, but a long sleeve Brooks Equilibrium shirt.  Initially, I regretted this as with the wind it was still a little chilly, but after my warm up and about 2 minutes into my run I realized this was the perfect choice. 
  The run went great.  My miles averaged between 7:00/mile - 7:19/mile for an average of 7:11.  Mile 3 was the worst, but I expected this and only checked my watch twice in the run. 
  So with that run we have a new PR my route was a little bit over the 6.2 miles and my watch said 6.3, when I was finished I looked down and saw 45:14 (previous best 46:44). 
  Great confidence booster with about 3 weeks before the big race. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment