Thursday, February 16, 2012

And Let There Be ... Rest Day

Ahhh yes a rest day...I usually incorporate two a week.  I know most training plans only call for one, but I feel like I have been able to increase my mileage and not get injured, so it's working for me.  I've used a combination of the Hal Higdon's half marathon plan and also a plan that I downloaded from the Cleveland marathon website.  After I looked at Hal Higdon's I knew that I wanted to get as close to running 13.1 miles as possible, so my long runs are way ahead of schedule according to that plan.  I know once I do a distance I can do it again and faster. 

On a non-running note do not watch "Something Borrowed"...this is the worst movie I've seen this year.  None of the characters are actually likeable.  The plot summary from IMDB.com "Friendships are tested and secrets come to the surface when terminally single Rachel falls for Dex, her best friend Darcy's fiancé."  If this sounds like a movie you would like then let's just me and you part as friends and never read this blog again....I'm actually convinced stuff would get done in Congress if they were like, "Ok, we could rationally debate this topic or I'm going to put Something Borrowed on and we have to watch that on repeat for the next 8 hours".  Regardless of what issue I'm sure they could come up with a happy deal...I'm also sure that somewhere they would include in the bill that this movie be banned from television.

No comments:

Post a Comment