Monday, March 26, 2012

Reflections Monday on Running

Well after a couple of days off from writing about my deepest, darkest thoughts (do I really have those?) I figured it was time to take a step back from running/blogging and etc to realize how far I've come in less then a year (because why not pat yourself on the back from time to time?).

YTD over 206 miles...although I don't have a place where I compared PYTD (prior year to date for those that don't know all the stupid abbreviations of the world) .. let me see...carry the 1 ... add the ... ok I ran zero miles at this point last year. 

I really never expected to run a half marathon when my girlfriend (now my fiance) started running them multiple years ago...in fact I didn't get it at all.  "Why would you pay $75 to go run for 13.1 miles if all they give you is a medal and shirt if you aren't goign to win the whole thing?"  I'm sure we have all gotten those questions before....but now I'm obsessed.  I still hate running, but wow the competition and pushing myself to do things I couldn't do in high school is what gets me to keep going. 

So in the final 9 months of 2012 what do I have planned running wise?  Lots of things

  • PR 5K (break 21 minutes)
  • PR 10K (only signed up for one..and it's the day after a 5K..but I can do it..I'm tough?)
  • Break 1:40 for a half marathon (2 shots at this ... most likely I'm attempting at Providence Half Marathon)
  • First Marathon (the more I think about it the more I think I need to do the Baltimore Marathon)
  • Wear deoderant when I run half marathons (yep I forgot it in DC ... I smelled horrible on the metro...but I did have lots of space on the ride home:))
Off to Ohio today for a week of high altitude training...that 200 ft. of elevation difference really seperates the men from the boys:)

1 comment:

  1. Funny ... I forgot to pack my deodorant for my trip to DC for the RNR, but I took pity on the rest of the field and borrowed some from my buddy. The good citizens of our nation's capitol are eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete