Monday, March 5, 2012

Case of the Mondays

"Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you, "Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?"
Lawrence: No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man. "

That quote is from the movie Office Space (a classic in my opinion).  I can honestly say that today feels like a case of the Mondays...but I won't go admitting that to anyone.  Monday is the day in the office where everyone talks about their weekend.  Nobody ever says they had a horrible weekend...or would admit it to their coworkers.  How often does anyone say anything bad to "how's it going"?  It just doesn't happen in the office dynamic.

  After getting everyone's detailed weekend summary I give them a, "weekend was good, but too short".  I can't really tell people that I ran over 11.5 miles on Saturday...even my own family is a bit surprised at this new passion for running (even I'm surprised)...but telling some coworkers that you ran that much and somehow even though it was raining and you had to desperately go to the bathroom around the 4.5 mile that I actually liked it in some weird way...it's just not normal:)

  So in case you are having a case of the Mondays and can't talk about your running with your coworkers I will leave you with another Office Space quote.

"Peter Gibbons: Boy, I'll tell ya, some days... One of these days it's just gonna be like...
[He mimics the sound of a machine gun. Brian, a waiter, walks up and does the same and laughs]
Brian, Chotchkie's Waiter: So can I get you gentlemen something more to drink? Or maybe something to nibble on? Some Pizza Shooters, Shrimp Poppers, or Extreme Fajitas?
Peter Gibbons: Just coffee.
Brian, Chotchkie's Waiter: Okay. Sounds like a case of the Mondays."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment