Friday, March 2, 2012

Baba Marta Day Two

  Well being the super cultured person I am....I am now participating in the Bulgarian Holiday "Baba Marta"...my coworker is Bulgarian and gave me a Martenitsa.  The tradition requires me wearing the martenitsa until I see a crane or until the end of March. "The martenitsa symbolises new life, conception, fertility, and spring. The time during which it is worn is meant to be a joyful holiday commemorating health and long life. The colours of the martenitsa are interpreted as symbols of purity and life, as well as the need for harmony in Nature and in people's lives." (Thank you wikipedia:)) 

  So all of that is just going to help me get through this half marathon.  I'm convinced of it.  I also received yesterday another pair of Brooks Ravenna 2's.  Unfortunately, with getting the pair at only $53 from Runnerswarehouse I was only able to get the boring color pair, but they still work all the same.  I did a quick 3 mile jog in them this morning as I like to get a quick run in the day before my long run day. 

  Tomorrow long run day...shooting for 11-12 miles tomorrow.  Pace is really not important and although I will take a watch I'll be more concerned with overall time then splits (it's also supposed to be raining all day tomorrow, so that should be fun).  Everyone have a good weekend.  Stay dry if you can and for you crazies out there running in the rain on Saturday morning I will see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment