Monday, May 14, 2012

To Run or Not to Run

Well officially the longest time off, since I started running around this time last year.  It's been a week and although my foot is definitely better than it was I would still only rate it at 75-80%.  My goal was to get out for 2 runs this week before the Cleveland 5K and 10K...now I'm hoping I can get out on Thursday for a 2 mile jog and see what happens.  I'm fairly confident that I could run a 5K on Saturday...now the only question is how horrible will my foot feel afterwards?  Anyways, going to rest and take it easy for another couple of days.  The 10K is probably not happening on Sunday....which is a bit disappointing

1 comment:

  1. I think your strategy is sound. Four days can make a lot of difference, and if you only get a half-mile or mile on Thursday, that'll be ok. You won't have lost any endurance in a 1-2 week layoff, you just have to test how your foot feels and probably not go all out for PR in the races. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete