Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Friday Deadline (and birthday thoughts)

With my foot healing I've made Friday the new deadline to decide to run in the 5K on Saturday.  It's pretty close, but part of me knows the past week and a half has been a struggle...I also don't want to have another setback and then have to rest for another 3 weeks...it's also my birthday this weekend.  Some thoughts on birthdays:

The older you get the less your birthday means until you get to like 60 and then they start being milestones for staying alive....isn't that cheerful:) 

One benefit to getting past a certain age is that you can get your birthday presents anytime within a 6 month window of your birthday....with some members of my family that means I get taken out on my birthday meal in November.  On the other hand I got a birthday check in March this year.  I'm fortunate enough to have a May birthday, so nobody can really package presents as a Xmas/Birthday...although I suppose with this 6 month window anything goes!


Nothing has really changed though in the years I've been celebrating my birthday.  I always chose to spend my birthdays with a close friend or two (or my family) instead of a ridiculous party...mainly because of how much I hate the individual attention as captured in the cartoon above. 

This week I was fortunate to get another one of my gifts early.  I've been wanting a garmin 910xt, but unfortunately my practical ways of spending money have never allowed this to happen.  Oh it's been in that amazon.com "wish list" for quite sometime, but I got it on Sunday...unfortunately I have not been able to use it. 

Until Friday then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment