Thursday, May 24, 2012

Test Run Thursday .. aka "TRT Day I"

Well today marked the first day in about 2.5 weeks that I tested out my foot.  My goal was to run for about 0.5 miles and see what happened.

This was also a chance to test our my new garmin 910xt.  Of course the GPS didn't work inside and then when I hit the start I didn't get an exact distance and instead of running 0.5 miles I ended up just running for 10 minutes.  During the run I felt exhausted, but no pain in my foot.  After I stopped got home and showered I noticed it was just a little sore and walking to work wasn't exactly fun (although not sure it ever is!). 

Tomorrow I'll take a day off and maybe see how it goes on Saturday with another test run.  If I'm still having issues next week it will probalby be time to go see a doctor.  The good news is that right now my foot feels great.  However, I think the big concern is how my breathing was after running 10 minutes and knowing I have the Baltimore 10 miler coming up in mid June.  Amazing how exhausted I was after that run!

No comments:

Post a Comment