Monday, April 30, 2012

MD HALF MARATHON COUNTDOWN

Well official countdown time for MD Half Marathon.  This course is certainly going to be a bigger challenge then DC, but now I KNOW that I can run a half marathon...so why not try to set a PR?  The race is also for a good cause as 100% of the net proceeds go towards the University of Maryland Cancer Center. 

Surprisingly for a smaller race there are actually more pace groups then the DC Rock and Roll marathon...not sure how that makes sense, but I'm not complaining.


This little chart shows the elevation (it's literally a little chart...I have no idea how to increase the size of this image....).  Anyways, a stretch of a 2% incline on that first hill and that big one is 3%.  I will start with the 1:45 pace group and then after that hill it will be time to start gradually increasing.  The goal is to save some energy for the rolling hills while still staying fresh.  I had a very elaborate excel chart for my "strategy"...which I misplaced. 

Time Goals:
 - 1:40 to 1:42:52 (DC PR)

Other Goals:
 -  Remember to put deoderant on prior to the race
 -  Eat energy beans regularly (DC I forgot)
 -  Drink lots of water
 -  Remember to not look like you are dying in front of the photographers (why does the cameraman hate me?)







1 comment: