Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday .. getting old

Well let's just say if my 30s are going to be filled with general soreness and a foot that is not cooperating then I want my 20s back! 

Today I got out there and 2.67 miles at just under an 8 minute pace.  My logic was that I generally have better form the faster I am going...it was my longest run, since the MD Half (both distance and time)..and I need to see how my body reacts tomorrow.  No pain during the run, but I have noticed a general soreness in my foot. 

I bought KT Pro Tape, which miraculously disappeared from my doorstep (although the delivery company insists it was delivered)....good news is that I got a refund and amazon.com said they would overnight one and give me free shipping.  I rarely have problems with amazon.com...but I feel like their solution to any problem is usually spot on. 

I have a free one year trial of amazon.com prime and whoever thought of this idea is a genius.  I hate them for what it's done to my frugal spending habits of old!  Consider this here are my purchases in the past 6 years at amazon.com...2011 sparked the year of prime

2006:  1 order (2 books)
2007:  0 orders
2008:  0 orders
2009:  0 orders
2010:  2 orders (about $100)
2011:  40 orders (about $2200)
2012:  18 orders ($600+)

I do suppose though everything I bought I would have bought regardless though, but I did choose to buy it on amazon.com. 

Anyways, health/fitness assessment at work tomorrow, so that ought to be interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment