Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Final Tune Up - Providence

It's been awhile since I last hopped on here.  A combination of my laptop DC jack not working (aka my computer can't get any power) and lots of work!

I had my final tuneup on Saturday for the Providence Half Marathon.  8 miles at a 7:44pace. I felt great and really have had a handful of workouts during this training that made me feel ready. 

I've already decided this is my last half marathon of 2012 and here are the targets:

1:42:51 - One second faster than my DC Half Marathon...I would like to think that I got faster in 2012, but I've been slowly getting slower.  I'm confident I have this in my sights and it will be about not going out fast.  I'm targetting running an 8min plus mile in mile 1 and then hopefully doing negative splits (this is actually what I did in my tuneup first mile was 8:18 and then each mile afterwards was lower ending at a 7:30 in mile 8).  Confidence Level :  8.75

1:41:59 - something about getting into another minute lower digit is a goal.  Confidence Level :  8.25

1:39:59 - This target was my reach goal for my first half and I'm going to keep it as my goal for this one.  Confidence Level :  7.00

So next time I'm back on here will be a race report.  Hope everyone's training is going well!

1 comment: