Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Track Time Wednesday

Well another speed workout success.  Today was 10 x 400m at a 91 second pace (about a 6 minute mile) with 90 seconds rest inbetween (well it said up to 90 seconds....and since I didn't want to be a hero I chose 90 seconds everytime!)

I warmed up at a nice pace for about 12-15 minutes and then hit the track...I knew I would be annoyed today as there were 4 girls that somehow thought doing yoga on the track was a good idea....better yet they thought it was necessary to take up almost an enitre section (have I mentioned how much I hate people at 5:45 in the morning).  Anyways, they were stupid but I still managed to get my workout.  Here are the splits with some of the thoughts after I finished them.

1.)  86.9 seconds (uh oh a little fast)
2.)  85.0 seconds (you really have no idea how to pace yourself do you?)
3.)  86.5 seconds (you are going to regret doing these at this pace probably around the 6th one)
4.)  88.4 seconds (it didn't feel like I slowed down from the previous ones...)
5.)  89.6 seconds (this is a bad trend...I'm getting slower and feel worse and worse!)
6.)  89.3 seconds (only 4 more!!!!)
7.)  91.4 seconds (the last 3 are going to hurt...just get through 8 and 9...10 will be easy)
8.)  91.7 seconds (yep, that hurt and I can't breathe how are these 90 seconds rests going so fast!)
9.)  91.0 seconds (I think I would die if I had to do 11 of these)
10.)  88.6 seconds (FINISHEDDDDD!)

Overall, I was pretty happy with the workout....any workout you finish is a success and I was a little worried after the first 5 that I would really struggle the rest of the way....I mean I did struggle...that pace feels awful right now, but a little pain now will hopefully pay dividends at my next couple of races. 

No comments:

Post a Comment